Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Baby Report Card.....


Babies fed...CHECK...Babies bathed...CHECK...Babies changed...CHECK...Babies asleep...CHECK...and all of this before 10 p.m. I have 5 minutes to spare. Mommy fed...NOPE...Mommy bathed...NOPE...Mommy tired...CHECK!!! But not complaining because now I can sit and enjoy some quiet before Clint gets home. So today was a better day! Went to the park and had fun with Manda, Ada, Cindy and Alex. It was good company and the twins seem to really like being outside. They just lay on the blanket under the tree and look around. Of course Ada loves to kiss the babies and she even calls them "Kitty"! It is fun to hang out with Manda and Cindy. They have some cute babies.

Tonight I have managed to get the twins to be awake and not cry. I put them each in a bouncer, fed them and then gave them each a bath. After I put them in their jammies we all just sat on the couch and they both just looked around and cooed. It was sweet and nice to know they can be awake and not cry without being held. I was starting to think that they were spoiled. But then I reminded myself, my babies aren't spoiled! Yeah right they are as spoiled as spoiled can be.

I am starting to adjust to not working. It is a bittersweet feeling. On one hand there is nothing I love more than spending my days caring for my kids and being on my own schedule. If I want to go to lunch with friends or wear my jammies all day, I can. I am certainly not upset about saving the $1800.00 bucks a month it would have cost me for daycare. I am not mad about saving all the money in gas to Fairfax. But then on the other hand, I miss getting out of the house everyday and going to work. I miss feeling important as far as being a career mom. I loved working. I loved my friends at work. I do not miss the traffic! I just wish there was a solution. I was thinking about taking this class at Germanna in Phlebotomy. I could get a job at the hospital at nights and still be home with them during the day and not shipping them off to a day care for someone else to raise! The class isn't that long a few months at best and isn't really that expensive. Maybe I should look into it. But is that really what I want to do? Not sure!

I am impressed with how good my downstairs looks. Clint did most of it Saturday but I did the top of my cabinets finally! It looks so good. I find myself going into the kitchen just gazing at the top of my cabinets. I probably smile when I look up there because I am just that happy with them!

Tomorrow is walk the mall with Manda! Maybe we can make this a weekly thing. I need to do something to loose this "junk in the trunk" I have since way back when. I want to fit back into some clothes without having to lay on the bed and suck in my tummy to button my pants! I am sure I will be just fine. I just want to take off about 25 more pounds.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I went through this funk last weekend. I sat in the bottom of my closet crying - holding onto a work shirt. It's just a phase I guess. I want to work and to be at home. I don't know when I'll get over it - maybe when I finally go back to work in 10 years.

I am thinking of taking a class just to feel like I am exercising my brain.

I walk in my neighborhood a lot with a neighbor that has a 6 month old. You are more than welcome to come walk with us. It's 2.5 miles, and you will sweat!! :)