Thursday, September 20, 2007

There's Always A Problem

So we move (or start out on the trip to move) early Saturday morning. You would think everything would be a go right? NOPE....As most of you may know, Mollie is not Clint's biological daughter even though she should be. Her father lives in Stafford and for the past year and a half has been a part of her life but not prior to that. So he decides, after months and months of talking to him and Clint and I inviting him over to work out a new "custody plan" to take to the judge, that on Tuesday (of this week) he needs an emergency hearing in front of the judge. He claims he just found out we were leaving and now is taking me to court on Friday (yeah that's tomorrow) in front of the judge and asking the judge to give him custody of Mollie. I am devastated. Right now he gets her every other weekend. What in the world is he doing this for? He lives at home with his momma, has no bills, and leaves Mollie with his mom to watch so he can party and drink and do whatever a single 29 year old does. I am sad, nervous, pissed off and confused. Why wait until the last possible day and claim you just found out? I mean back at Meet the Teacher night, Mollie's teacher told me how she had just talked to Mollie's dad and he told her that we might be moving. When the heck was back to school night? I need to research. All I know is that on Saturday morning I better have my oldest daughter in my car because the train to Little Rock is leaving.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope everything works our for you guys. guys suck sometimes!

manda said...

I keep checking back. Are you in Ar-Kansas? All of you?

Unknown said...

me too,hope things are going well.my